[Korean grammar] V-(으)ㄹ 까요? ② Asking Opinions and Making Suggestions

Also Read

창문을 열까요?
Shall I open the window?


내일 무엇을 입을까요?
What shall I wear tomorrow?


커피를 드릴까요, 주스를 드릴까요?
Would you like (me to get you) some coffee or juice?


Grammar Focus:
-(으)ㄹ 까요? is used when the speaker wants to make a suggestion to the listener or to ask the listener for his or her opinion. The subject is normally 제가 or 내가 and may be omitted. In English, this expression corresponds to ‘Shall I...?’ or ‘Do you want me to...?’ 
When responding, the imperative forms -(으)세요 or -(으)지 마세요 can be used. When the verb stem ends in a vowel or ㄹ, -ㄹ 까요? is used, and when the verb stem ends in a consonant, -을 까요? is used.





A: 내일 언제 전화할까요? When shall I call you tomorrow?
B: 저녁에 전화하세요. Please call me in the evening.

A: 여자 친구생일이에요. 무슨 선물을 살까요?
It’s my girlfriend’s birthday. What present should I get her?
B: 향수를 사세요. 여자들은 향수를 좋아해요.
Buy her some perfume. Girls like perfume.

A: 이 컴퓨터를 어디에 놓을까요? 
Where should I put this computer?
B: 책상 위에 놓으세요.
Please put it on the desk.

>> Full of 'Korean grammar in use - Beginner': Click here
>> Fanpage: Say Hi Korean


Share this

Author:

안녕하세요? 즐거운 하루를 보내세요!ㅎㅎ

0 comments: