[Korean grammar] V-아/어 줄게요, V-아/어 줄까요? Making Requests and Assisting

Also Read

우산이 두 개 있는데 빌려 줄까요?
I have two umbrellas, so shall I lend you one?


제가 도와 드릴게요.
Let me help you with that.


선생님, 제가 들어 드릴까요?
Teacher, shall I help you out?


Grammar Focus:
This pattern is used when attempting to help someone and corresponds to ‘Shall I’, 'Allow me’, or ‘I will' in English. When the person receiving the help is of higher status than the speaker, -아/어 드릴 게요 or -아/어 드릴까요? is used. 
When the verb stem ends in ㅏ or ㅗ, -아 줄게요/줄까요? is used. Otherwise -어 줄게요/줄까요? is used. For verbs that end in 하다, the form changes to -해 줄게요/줄까요?





Conversation:
A: 아줌마, 여기 상 좀 치워 주세요.
Ma’am, please clear off this table.
B: 네, 손님, 금방 치워 드릴게요.
Okay, I'll clear it off right away.

A: 에어컨을 켜 주시겠어요?
Would you mind turning on the air conditioner?
B: 네, 켜 드릴게요.
Sure, I’ll turn it on.

Comparison:


>> Full of 'Korean grammar in use - Beginner': Click here
>> Fanpage: Say Hi Korean


Share this

Author:

안녕하세요? 즐거운 하루를 보내세요!ㅎㅎ

0 comments: