[Korean grammar] V-(으)시겠어요? Asking Opinions and Making Suggestions

Also Read

도넛 좀 드시 겠어요?
Would you like a donut?


방을 예약하시겠어요?
Would you like to reserve a room?


커피에 설탕을 넣으시겠어요?
Would you like sugar in your coffee?


Grammar Focus:
V-(으)시겠어요? is used when politely suggesting something to the listener or when asking about the listener’s preference or intention. It corresponds to ‘Would you (mind/like to)...?’ or ‘Why not...?’ in English and conveys a much more formal and polite feeling than -(으)ㄹ래요?/-(으)실래요?. When the stem ends in a vowel, -시겠어요? is used, and when it ends in a consonant, -(으)시겠어요? is used.





A: 내일 몇 시에 오시겠어요? What time will you come tomorrow?
B: 3시까지 갈게요. I will be there by three o’clock.

A: 여보세요, 조엘 씨, 저 리라예요. 지금 통화 괜찮아요?
Hello, Joel. This is Lila. Can you talk now?
B: 미안해요. 지금 회의 중이에요. 30분 후에 다시 전화해 주시겠어요?
Sorry. I’m in the middle of a meeting. Would you mind calling me in 30 minutes?

A: 한국의 전통 기념품을 사고 싶어요. I want to buy a traditional Korean souvenir.
B: 그럼, 인사동에 가 보시겠어요? In that case, why don’t you go to Insadong?

>> Full of 'Korean grammar in use - Beginner': Click here
>> Fanpage: Say Hi Korean


Share this

Author:

안녕하세요? 즐거운 하루를 보내세요!ㅎㅎ

1 comment:

  1. Very Very disappointed. You do not allow copying the content. I wanted to make a note for myself in case I need to refresh my memory.

    ReplyDelete