[Korean grammar] V-는 데 걸리다/들다 Confirming Information

Also Read

운전을 배우는 데 두 달 걸렸어요.
It took (me) two months to learn to drive.


숙제하는 데 한 시간 걸려요.
It took (me) an hour to finish my homework.


차를 고치는 데 30만 원 들었어요.
It cost (me) 300,000 won to repair my car.


Grammar Focus:
-는 데 걸리다/들다 is added to the end of verbs to express how much money, time, or effort is involved in doing a task. It means 'takes/requires/costs ... to (do)’ in English. This expression is made by adding -는 데 걸리다/들다 to the stems of verbs. -는 데 걸리다 is used when expressing an amount of time required, and -는 데 들다 is used when expressing an amount of money required.
• 차를 고쳐요. 30만 원 들어요.
I will repair my car. It costs 300,000 won.
-> 차를 고치는 데 30만 원 들어요.
It costs 300,000 won to repair my car.



A: 여기에서 명동까지 가는 데 얼마나 걸려요?
How long does it take to get to Myeongdong from here?
B: 버스로 가면 40분, 지하철로 가면 20분 걸려요.
If you go by bus, It takes 40 minutes, and If you go by subway, 20 minutes.

A: 지난 주에 이사했어요? 이사하는 데 얼마 들었어요?
Did you move (change residences) last week? How much did it cost to move?
B: 150만 원쯤 들었어요.
It cost about 1,500,000 Won.

>> Full of 'Korean grammar in use - Beginner': Click here
>> Fanpage: Say Hi Korean


Share this

Author:

안녕하세요? 즐거운 하루를 보내세요!ㅎㅎ

0 comments: